At the start of the year I wanted to unleash the shackles of work a little bit to try and get out and see some more of New South Wales. With new kayaks, a National Parks pass was purchased, and quickly value was found visiting Royal National Park and Kuring-gai Chase National Park. Also fitted in a weekend in Central Otago and three weeks in Scotland to catch up with friends and family after three years in Australia. From quite an eventful year, here are my favourite ten images at the moment from the four thousand I have taken.
1. First up is this shot from an opportunistic trip up to the Blue Mountains to chase waterfalls after a few days of heavy rain. Normally I'm not a fan of looking down on a waterfall, but I like the misty visibility in the valley created by all the low cloud.
2. Driving back from the north coast of Sutherland and back home via the scenic route. Since I was driving I was trying to look at this in the mirrors and I knew that I just had to pull over at the first chance I had. To me this is the stereotypical mountain you draw as kid, pointy mountain with snow at top.
3. Night photography is something I rarely get a chance to try living in Sydney, but I often have a go when I'm out in. Taken whilst visiting family in New Zealand. This photo won me a yet to be experienced helicopter ride in Cromwell.
4. North Curl Curl rockpool offers a plethora of different compositions, especially in high seas. This was taken on the headland looking down on the recently battered pool.
5. This is a spot in Sydney that doesn't seem to attract the masses. I found it quite unexpectedly when I had a early day at work and thought I'd have a wee explore along the coast to possibly find a spot that might be good a future sunrise and I came across this.
6. A weekend away down in Narooma, a planned trip to go swimming with the seals was unfortunately cancelled but the coastline presented plenty photographic opportunities and this headland was only a couple minutes from where we were staying.
7. Taken at the end of nice walk to the waterfalls on the path up to Slioch. The weather was quite mixed and this is just before we got back in the car look down towards Loch Maree and Slioch.
8. A really good soaking as the heavens opened up at Plodda Falls. I had to wade across the water to get down here from the viewpoint on the other side. Although there must have been a path here once as you can clearly used to be a path as you can still see the broken old hand rails on the right.
9. Camping at Newnes for a few days and I managed to get up Mystery Mountain overlooking the campground for sunrise.
10. Staying next to Umina Beach made for a quick and easy walk down to the beach for this shot. I like the layers on the headlands all the way to the Northern Beaches.